Sitio Del Golf Resident & Guest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(residents & Guests)-When posting a NEW TOPIC - it is necessary to use at LEAST TWO WORDS for your topic Title.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WITH GREAT SADNESS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:52 am

It is with great sadness I have to tell all the forum members that Ken passed away this morning at 6.40 in Marbella Hospital.
Our sincere sympathy goes to Fay and the whole family - he will be so missed by us all.
Although Ken was my cousin, I feel I have lost my father again since, as with so many others, he has been so much like a father.

I shall publish more information when arrangements have been finalised but it will likely be toward the end of next week for the funeral.
I know so many on Sitio will be upset at his passing - the smile has gone.

Kens children are on their way and Fay is being cared for by us all.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesquire.co.uk
Neil

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Joanne and I were shocked and saddened when we were told of Ken's death yesterday. It was only last Tuesday evening that he popped his head round the hedge with a gin & tonic in his hand as usual. His passing was so sudden it has shocked us all on Sitio.

Ken was a larger than life character and I'm sure you'll all agree with us that the gardens will never be the same without him. Our hearts go out to Ken's family and to all his friends.

Goodbye to a very dear friend.
Neil & Joanne.
Back to top Go down
rosemariestavert

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:17 am

We are so sad to hear the news. As Neil has already said, the gardens won't seem the same without his smiling face.

Back to top Go down
rosemariestavert

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 am

A very sad moment ... I was looking forward to seeing that cheery face and enjoying the banter next week ... will miss him but glad we met and shared a few laughs ..... Donald S

Last edited by rosemariestavert on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rosemariestavert

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am

Heart Felt condolences ... Donald Stavert
Back to top Go down
karen

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:24 am

Chris Cooper wrote:
It is with great sadness I have to tell all the forum members that Ken passed away this morning at 6.40 in Marbella Hospital.
Our sincere sympathy goes to Fay and the whole family - he will be so missed by us all.
Although Ken was my cousin, I feel I have lost my father again since, as with so many others, he has been so much like a father.

I shall publish more information when arrangements have been finalised but it will likely be toward the end of next week for the funeral.
I know so many on Sitio will be upset at his passing - the smile has gone.

Kens children are on their way and Fay is being cared for by us all.

Just read email from Fay, I am deeply shocked and saddened at this sad news, our deepest sympathies go out to Fay and all the Family at such a sad time, a great great friend who I shared many many laughs with, he will be sorely missed.If there is anything I can do, please ring or email me. xx Sad Karen & Bill ( wilka & pash ) hugs to Fay xxx
Back to top Go down
GARY LAW

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 pm

We are all struggling to come to terms with this sad sad news. Two weeks ago i was sat outside my apartment drinking Kens limonchello whilst he took the piss out of me for one thing or another. He called me a cardboard cutout which probably only Fay will understand. One of lifes good guys, always had time to talk to everyone, always wanted to help anyone and would give a complete stranger his last quid. Fay, our thoughts are with you right now. Chris, next time ime out we will sit in the pool and drink a toast to Ken.
Ken, although were all mourning for you now, i for one feel happy, no honoured to count you as one of my friends. I will never forget you. Two weeks ago i sat in your apartment with you and Fay talking about Alan Sugar and the story you told me about Tar Blocks. Every time i see Alan Sugar on telly i will remember that conversation.
Charlotte and all her pals who have met you refer to you as KEN THE LEDGE. Well to us all from Blackpool Ken you are a ledgend.

R.I.P. Ken. A real Cockney gentleman. [u] I love you
Back to top Go down
Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

while its going to take a long time to get used to not hearing and seeing Ken flashing about Sitio - I intend to keep the Forum running as he would wish.
I also intend to leave Ken on as a member and in his honour since he was the driving force.
Ken would want everyone to continue to add their comments and contribute in any way to life - especially here in Sitio.
In Kens honour - keep posting friends !

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesquire.co.uk
Sponsored content

WITH GREAT SADNESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WITH GREAT SADNESS   WITH GREAT SADNESS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WITH GREAT SADNESS
Page 1 of 1